A power surge resulting from a lightning storm damaged three printing presses at a manufacturing plant. Due to the age of the printing presses, OEM replacement parts were unavailable, and the insured was faced with:
- A potential Business Interruption Claim in excess of $1 million.
- Equipment replacement costs exceeding $3 million due to OEM parts for equipment being unavailable.
- TOTAL potential claim amount in excess of $4 million.
What ILC did:
- Through years of experience in the printing industry, ILC was able to confirm the insured’s vendor was qualified to repair the equipment.
- To avoid a total loss, ILC assisted in locating aftermarket parts to repair the equipment to pre-loss condition.
- Cost to repair to pre-loss condition was only $100,000 vs. a total loss exceeding $3 million.
- Business Interruption was significantly limited, and the printing press was up and running again in (time) vs. (time) to bring in new equipment at a cost that would have exceeded $3 million cost.
How ILC did this:
- Verified the presence of lightning in the area the day of the loss.
- Verified the qualifications of the insured’s vendor to repair the equipment.
- Located the parts necessary to repair the equipment.
- Monitored and project-managed the repairs of the equipment from start to completion.